Clear Lake Education Center staff and Stewards Group host annual events when the public is invited to come to the Center to see what we’re all about. We offer tours, program samplings, recreation opportunities, and a brief presentation about Clear Lake.
Because we are obliged to follow state licensing requirements, the general public is not able to come to the Center without making prior arrangements, so our Public Days help us welcome everyone without concern for rental and school group regulations.
Check our calendar and stay tuned for our next event!
- Program Sampling - hands-on! Select materials from many of our various education programs will be laid out for you to explore.
- Swimming and canoeing - while Clear Lake has a swimming area and canoes available for use, these activities are at your own risk and require adult supervision. If you are not of average size or have a specific style you prefer, you should bring your own personal flotation device (life jacket).
- Fishing* - Clear Lake provides a small number of fishing poles for you to try your hand at catching one of our elusive aquatic residents.
*Michigan DNR licensing requirements apply.
- Tours - staff and Stewards will be available to lead tours of our facilities at regular intervals.
- Director's Presentation - learn more about the history and future of Clear Lake Education Center.